Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Calm and Clearing

My next few posts will focus on my 2012 paintings. This year has been a productive one for me I paint as often as I can but I have specifics days that I have dedicated solely to painting.  It's wonderful to know that if I let life get away from me I have days on the calendar to reset my brain.

This piece is called Calm and Clearing.  Sometime I title paintings from song lyrics [a lot of times actually] and sometime, like this one, the name comes from the feeling of the piece.

Clear and Calming is 20"x20" on wood and has 1 1/2 inch deep painted sides. It has a heavily textured base and is painted with acrylic.

You can also view it here and here.

CALM AND CLEARING by Denton Loomis | Landscape Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...